UPDATE: P.U.L.S. is no longer under active development.
P.U.L.S means PHP User Login Script and is a PHP scritp I wrote which enables users to register and then login to a website or -page. I tried to make it secure, user friendly and developer friendly.
- Secure: passwords are stored encrypted on the server so the original password can never be found
- Secure: registration page is protected with Captcha (optional, can be switched on or off in the config file)
- Secure: All input is checked and filtered using the PHP FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING filter
- User friendly: users can reset their password using e-mail in case they forgot their password (optional, can be switched on or off in the config file)
- User friendly: users can change their settings
- User friendly: remember me feature remembers user when he/she returns to the website
- Developer friendly: you can leave the P.U.L.S. files in their puls directory and protect any php page on your server with it.
- Developer friendly: all HTML files are in a separate directory (called “html”); no need to change the programming code in order to change the design
- Developer friendly: separate language files for text wich is not in the HTML pages; make your own translation easily
- Developer friendly: all configuration in one file (located in “includes”, called “config.php”)
- Developer friendly: open source!
- Knowledge of installing PHP scripts and MySQL tables (I won’t help you!)
- Apache web-server running Linux (might work on other servers as well, but didn’t test it)
- PHP >= 5
- Captcha functionality requires for GD library (greater than gd-1.6) and FreeType library to be installed with PHP
Dowload P.U.L.S. (80 KB)
To be able to log in to the demo, you have to create an account first using the “join” link below the log-in form.
(Users in the demo are deleted from the database on a irregular basis)
Please rate P.U.L.S. at Hotscripts.com
Possible future additions
P.U.L.S. is no longer under active development. I am now working on a new Content Management System called Spike. Subscribe to our mailinglist and be one of the the first to try it when it’s released.
P.U.L.S. is based on a script I found on evolt.org by jpmaster77 (http://evolt.org/php_login_script_with_remember_me_feature).
The script also contains code by Paul Johnston (http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5) and http://www.finalwebsites.com/snippets.php?id=39
P.U.L.S. is released under the GNU General Public License